Let’s just say it’s fun fact Friday. As I mentioned in my last post, I really enjoy talking about myself. Hardy har har. So I thought I’d let you in on a few little-known/maybe-you-know-them facts about myself.
1. I’ve played soccer since my family moved to Tennessee for the second time… I think it was 4th or 5th grade.
2. I’ve lived in Georgia (born there), Iowa, Nebraska, Tennessee, Nebraska, Tennessee, and made my way back to Georgia again. It’s almost a palindrome of states.
3. I’ve never owned a dog for a whole year. I REALLY WANT A DOG FOR CHRISTMAS. Please suggest this to Sean casually as if it just occurred to you, as it’s all I’ll tell him that I want. When you talk to Sean, remember to say, “Bark! Bark!” He loves that.
5. My roommate in college once told me I look like an ocelot. I wish.
6. I know almost all the words to all the “classic” Disney movies. My Disney running playlist exhibits my wide-ranging Disney tastes. Ha ha.
7. I sometimes look back and wonder how I made it through college considering the amount of extracurriculars in which I participated and the number of hours I took. When life feels tough, I look back and think, “This is a walk in the park compared to how busy you were in college. Buck the heck up, weenie.”
8. Winter is my favorite season followed closely by fall. Then summer then spring. I don’t know why, but I’ve always held a grudge against spring. I think it’s because as I child, everyone loved it so much and I was offended that winter had so few fans. Yes, that’s how my brain worked as a child, and I still favor things that other people disliked to this day. Also, I think winter is more conducive to writing.
9. I went through a phase in high school when I’d go to bed at 8pm. I was pretty much the coolest kid ever.
10. When I was in college and working on thesis, I’d brush and floss my teeth when I got writer’s block. It was better than eating out of boredom, and my teeth were exceptionally clean.
Happy Friday! I hope your weekends are fantastic! See you Monday!