I found this website online that generates random facts. In case you decide to randomly study for Jeopardy. Here are some facts I found particularly interesting:
- Created in 1994, the Comic Sans font was inspired by Batman and Watchmen comic books.
- In 1981, Deborah Ann Fountain (Miss New York) became the first Miss America pageant participant disqualified for “illegal use of padding” during the swimsuit competition.
- Alfred Hitchcock was notoriously hard on actors. He was once quoted as saying, “Actors are cattle”—a quip that stirred up a huge outcry. In response, he issued this correction: “I have been misquoted. What I really said is, ‘Actors should be treated as cattle.’”
- Due to the “naughty” dancing of the can-can girls, and the scantily clad models on 1800s French postcards, the British equated anything risqué with France. In fact, that’s how the phrase “pardon my French” entered the vernacular.
- Brett Favre’s first completed pass as a Green Bay Packer was to himself.
- In early drafts of the Back to the Future script, the time machine was built out of an old refrigerator.
- As part of David Hasselhoff’s divorce settlement, he kept possession of the nickname “Hoff” and the catchphrase “Don’t Hassle the Hoff.”
- John F. Kennedy’s assassination on November 22,1963 overshadowed the deaths of two prominent authors: Aldous Huxley and C.S. Lewis.
These are just some of the interesting things I’ve learned today!