This weekend Sean and I have decided to do some SERIOUS cleaning around our apartment. We just re-signed our lease to stay in this unit and so we need to get down to the nitty-gritty, serious cleaning.
We clean every weekend–vacuuming, cleaning the bathrooms, and the kitchen. But this weekend we need to get serious about taking things out of their normal places (whether it be kitchen appliances shoved in cabinets or moving the couch) to really clean beneath and in between.
- Move furniture and vacuum underneath it!
- Dust furniture.
- Clean windows
- Perhaps get rid of or figure out dining room rug
- Clean up cat’s eating area
- Scrub and disinfect counters
- Get rid of leak stains (remember those?)
- Put liners in ALL cabinets (right now I only have it in half of them, don’t judge, it’s a tedious job)
- Clean out refrigerator (scrub and disinfect!)
- Dust out what we can of the air conditioning closet (locked to us)
- Wash and reorganized linens
- Reorganize closets and drawers and donate old clothes and junk
- Wash windows
- Wash curtains
- VACUUM underneath and behind
- Dust wooden furniture
- Take everything out and SCRUB and DISINFECT
- Get a new shower curtain liner (no matter how many times I bleach it, the mold comes back…)
It seems like we’ve got our work cut out for us this weekend. Hopefully we can still find some time to relax and finish the Planet Earth series. We’re really enjoying it. Tonight we’re scheduled to watch Shallow Seas! Exciting!