Post-Surgery, Day 1

Saturday was a bit of a a blur because I didn’t really remember anything past 3pm Friday. I woke up at 5am ready to take another ibuprofen and maybe half a hydro. I ate a bowl of oatmeal and had half a hydro and my antibiotic, and then went back to bed. My mom had to go into work for a bit, and Sean had to get his car fixed. I slept for a while, then watched the Food Network like a sad panda. There’s nothing like watching The Pioneer Woman, Paula Deen, and Ina Garten make drool-worthy food when you can’t eat.

So I made mashed potatoes. And then played on Pinterest…

That was on of the better times on Saturday. I was exhausted by the time mom & Sean got home. So I took another nap. That’s what hydrocodone does to ya.

Sean took me to Walgreens so I could buy some lip balm and girly magazines. Haters gonna hate. My mom rented movies and we watched, “Crazy, Stupid, Love” and “Bridesmaids.” Then I passed out in bed.

Only to wake up at 3am to feel like that bear that got his jaw ripped off by Iorek Byrnison.

Sean babied me as I tried to choke down applesauce to be able to take a hydrocodone. Then I took it before there was enough food in my stomach which was no good. Ugh. Bad news bears.

THEN! My totally awesome hydro dream:

I was flying through a video game, 1980s style in a Star Wars space ship through the Grand Canyon, except there were blocks of colors I was going through. Purple canyon. Orange canyon. Red canyon. It was freaky. I needed a techno soundtrack.

Saturday, puffiness level was moderate. Most def not as bad as Sunday.


Got Something to Add?

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s