I saw a similar recipe on another website and decided to give this one a go. I didn’t realize it’d turn out so well, so I didn’t take pictures (also, it probably wouldn’t have photographed well… especially the refried beans).
- A can of vegetarian refried beans (I got mine from Trader Joe’s)
- Mini whole wheat tortillas (also Trader Joe’s)
- Cheese of choice (we had Sargento’s Mexican Cheese blend with Moneterey Jack, Mild Cheddar, Queso Quesadilla and Asadero cheeses)
- 1 scrambled egg per tortilla
- Other Mexican-y things (we had salsa but didn’t want to put it on top of ours)
Lay a tortilla flat on a pan (I covered mine with foil), and coat with a nice layer of the refried beans, cover with scrambled egg, and sprinkle on as much (or as little) cheese as you want.
Top with another tortilla and bake in a 350 degree oven until cheese is melty and tortillas are brownish. Top with sour cream, cilantro, salsa, etc. And enjoy!
Making this probably took less than 15 minutes! Yum!