1. Thanks for all your comments on my fall post. It seems like everyone’s ready for the change in seasons. I’ve been dressing like it’s fall for the past few days. It’s been nice since my office is an arctic, too, because now I’m always warm.
You mean this isn’t appropriate work attire?
2. I’m starting to look up vegetarian Thanksgiving recipes. Hooray! I’m pretty excited that we’re staying in Atlanta for Thanksgiving this year. I will miss my family’s traditional Thanksgiving, but not having the stress of traveling will be nice. Need a reference? See last year’s Thanksgiving.
“If you’re going, I’m going too.”
3. I finished reading Stephen King’s On Writing. It was amazing. It has re-inspired me to try to find time to write not for work, not for the blog, but for me. One of my former professors recommended I try Madness, Rack, and Honey by Mary Ruefle. I’m only 2 chapters in and already loving it. One guy at my work came up to me at lunch and asked, “Are your seriously reading academic literature for fun? Mad props.” He’s got a Master’s in history. I’m officially a proud member of the nerd crew.
These are a few of my favorite things.
4. I had a picture of Mitten Head painted for Sean. One of my residents from Maryville College is now a totally awesome artist who does pet portraits. I never thought I’d be that person, but I am. And I love Anna’s work. If you want your pet painted, check out her website!
She can watch us all the time now. Not creepy at all.
5. Happy Friday! May today bring you joy and love, and may you bring those to others as well. I read this awesome quote from another blog, The Nie Nie Dialogues, and I just had to share it with you today.
There is someone you can forgive.
There is someone you can thank.
There is someone you can serve and lift.
You can do it wherever you are and however alone and deserted you may feel.
With this knowledge, life is beautiful no matter the pain, loneliness,
confusion, heartbreak, and sadness in the world.
How blessed I am and feel each day.