1. I’m 4 days away from marathon time. Gulp. There’s being unprepared, and then there’s being unprepared to run 26 miles. A guy at my work who’s an avid marathoner keeps giving me tips and electrolyte powder to put in my water. “Eat at least one banana a day!” “Don’t play soccer on Saturday before the race!” “Stop worrying! You’ll be fine!” Blah. This will be nothing compared to the race anxiety the day before my half Iron Man. Calm the heck down, Carolyn.
Yeah, like, chillax, dude.
2. Soccer last night was awesome and lame at the same time. My team won 7-2, but I didn’t really get to do anything. It was a little lame. I get shoved in the back with the defense and never get to make a run, or run at all, really. There was a photographer at last night’s game. So I thought I’d share some of the goodies:
Boom! No one messes with the Lyn. And contrary to the depiction in the image above, I’m not pregnant. Geez.
3. Guess what I’m getting in the mail today? I’m so very totally wickedly awesomely stoked about it. Here’s a clue:
It’s TRX! I tried it in a demo class and was pretty much the worst one there. If that’s not motivation to get my ass in better shape, I don’t know what is. Just don’t tell Sean, because it wasn’t a part of the no-fun budget…
4. I have totally cut down my Pinterest addiction. (Now if I could only apply that same discipline to my sugar addiction.) I probably visit the site once a week and spend minimal time. I try to avoid sections I know will make me start feeling greedy and bad about myself (read: Home Decor, Women’s Fashion, & Health and Fitness). I did find a good recipe for pumpkin doughnut muffins. I made them last year, so I know they’re good, and I happen to have a can of pumpkin sitting around that needs to be used. Other than that, I’m pretty proud of my minimal Pinteresting.
5. Sean and I are trying WhirlyBall tonight. It’s going to be a late night, but I’m trying to live by the “You’ll regret the things you don’t do more than the things you did” sort of principle. No one ever dies saying, “Man, I wish I’d gone to bed early more often.” The adventure comes out at night, right? WhirlyBall is apparently like bumper cars, hockey, basketball, and Jai-Alai (whatever that is…). I’ll try to remember to take pictures… 🙂
5. Happy Wednesday! We’ve made it to the middle of the week. I think you’re all totally awesome. Today I hope you do well but also do good. 🙂